Susan Duncan, food science and technology professor, works with students in her Sensory Evaluation Laboratory to prepare food samples for testing.
This laboratory provides the basis for decisions from ingredients and packaging to flavor and marketing. Our capabilities include consumer, descriptive and discrimination research using quantitative and qualitative methods. By exploring emotional response to foods through language choices and facial recognition and expression analysis, we can add valuable data that will aid your scientific and marketing decisions.
- 10 individual panelist booths with:
- Precision-controlled multi option booth lighting
- Sensory data collection software and a computer
- Focus group/panel training room
- Controlled and isolated sample preparation laboratory
- Observational cameras supported with synchronous video recording software and computers
- Automated facial expression analysis software
- Observational software for behavior and focus group analysis